Monday, October 29, 2007

Bright Lights

"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example
of the believers in word, in conversation,
in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.”
1 Timothy 4:12


I am excited to announce the start of something that the Lord has long laid upon my heart to begin — a discipleship group for girls! It's called Bright Lights, and the purpose of this group is to encourage the pursuit of Godliness, to provide positive peer pressure and accountability during these important decision-making years, and to have a group which will minister to others. It is for girls ages 10-18. At each Bright Lights meeting, I will share a lesson covering Biblical principles, character traits of godliness, and other topics that will be essential for us as we aim to be strong for the Lord. Each lesson will be reinforced by testimonies from older girls in the group. Our group will also enjoy singing, activities, biographies, and snacks & tea.

Bright Lights meetings will be held at the Covenant Church in Bemidji every other Thursday starting November 1st, 2007 – 6:30pm–8:00pm.

I look forward to discovering what the Lord is going to teach me and the girls who come! If you or someone you know would like more information on Bright Lights, don't hesitate to contact me!

7 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

It sounds like such a nice idea! Thanks for inviting Valerie! You will do SUCH nice work with this program! I look forward to hearing how it goes...

Love you!

Lyndi said...

That's wonderful! I would have loved something like that growing up. I know the girls will love having you as a leader in such an important part of their growing up years.

Sam and Melissa Sahlstrom said...

Mindy-We are so happy for your group. Our Bright Lights group down here in southern MN is going great. We should be prayer partners with your group! We could share group requests and stay in touch! Just an idea. Keep us posted on how it goes!

Patriot said...

Hi! I just came across your blog, and I wanted to let you know about a giveaway I'm hosting. I actually host a new giveaway every week for some great American made products. Come check it out when you get the time! Thank you!

The Ericksons said...

What a great idea! With all the negative influences out there, kids need to have a positive place to help them stay grounded in their faith.

Our Home to Yours said...

This is so great Mindy.. I am so excited for you and your new assignment from God! So many girls will benefit so much from you! :) What a great ministry!! I pray it all goes well for you!

Nicole 妮可 said...

wow mindy! that's exciting... actually when i saw the name, i had to take a double take cuz i know the girl who started the original BL's group. Sarah is sooo sweet! what an amazing example. i know you will be a blessing to the young girls in your area!
blessings!