Thursday, March 19, 2009

1+1=2 - Doing the math myself....

Wondering if I'm in labor yet? Well, we might be waiting a little longer....read on!

Our doctor told us my due date was March 5th. I totally took him at his word and didn't think twice that he could be weeks off.

Well, here we are, March 19th, and no baby yet. I'm feeling great and seems to me I could go another week or more with baby! So....I did what I should have done long ago and did the math myself. Looking back and counting the days since my last cycle, I calculated that my due date is the END of March rather than at the beginning!!!!!!!!! What?! I have NO idea where March 5th came from. I'm really curious what happened though....

Guess I made the big mistake of falling into third baby syndrome—overly busy, being more relaxed, and not on top of my pregnancy like I should have been. Being this will be my first hospital birth, things are so much different than my home birth experiences.....my midwives were so much more detailed oriented on procedures, explaining every detail to me, very concerned about my health, and kept me accountable on eating habits, birth preparations and so on. Not saying that I'm not grateful for my Doctor because he was the one that practically saved my life after hemorrhaging severely after Elijah's birth! I'm just saying that hospitals just do things so differently....I'm learning.

Anyway, talk about a rollercoaster of emotions! I'm grateful God is in control....I thank & praise Him. His plans are perfect, and I know He allows all things to work together for good!

6 comments:

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

We are praying for you Mindy!!! It's so hard to wait these last days! We await your wonderful news! :)

~Justin&Meg~ said...

Oh, wow! This probably makes you feel really "overdue!" I've checked your site a few times, just to see if you'd had the new baby yet. :)

I didn't know that about your last birth...sounds scary! I feel that I have had the best of both worlds: midwives that practice at the hospital.

so, are you ready for #3?! It's definitely different than just having 2. ;)
Hope all goes well...take care!

Abbi said...

Oooh... it is hard to wait! But the end result is always worth the wait. I hope you continue feeling good and everything goes well. If you ever have to much time on you hands :-) you could always come over for a visit! I have been meaning to call but life gets busy and time flies!

LS said...

I've been checking to see if baby has come yet! I always do my own calculations on due date because the way the nurses at my clinic do it is a bit inaccurate (lump everyone together and assume everyone has the same cycle, etc.)

I was TERRIFIED of having a hospital birth on #2 but was so glad I was there when I hemorraged after Jer's birth. My hospital birth with Justus was wonderful and amazing because they took every precaution to make sure it didn't happen again. (Of course having drugs on the 3rd one helped a lot too!)

Hoping you have a safe delivery when the baby is ready to come!

Josiah and Abi Wissmann said...

Oh! We'll keep praying! :) But incase you want to shoot for a date...like one can, eh?! lol! The 27th is a GREAT day, well atleast I think so! But that's a biased vote, because it's my b-day! You, and baby, and family are in our prayers! Thanks for the update!!

Unknown said...

Hi Mindy, I say say shoot for March 26th. That's my b-day! I will be praying for a safe delivery and waiting for pictures! :) So exciting!