Friday, November 28, 2008

Baking Day at Great Grandma's

The other day the kids and I walked over to Great Grandma Berge's house and found her baking bread. Elianna and I watched carefully as Grandma showed us how to make the most delicious buns you ever did taste!

Elijah had fun running his hands over the freshly greased pans (how did he get up on the chair that fast?!?!? Yikes, that boy keeps me on my toes!).

Great-Grandma gave Elianna some dough and a little pan to make her own bun. She was thrilled beyond words!


Over a week ago, I had my 30th birthday, and my Grandma (pictured above) baked and delivered a Boston cream pie to my door early in the morning. What a deliciously sweet treat; and so special to have it delivered by my dear Grandmother! She is such a wonderful example; I want to be like her someday.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Elianna's face in the first picture almost makes me want to cry. And I laughed out loud at the Elijah comment! I can just see his chubby little hand squishing itself onto the pan and the look of delight on his face!

You are so blessed to be living so close to Grandma. What a blessing for the kids to be able to have such vivid memories of their great-grandmother. Wow!

I love you Mim!

Abbi said...

That is neat that you can share those sweet times with your grandmother. I live a long way from mine now but when I was in Iowa it was neat to be able to spend a lot of time with her and have her hold and enjoy Mara on a regular basis. I have great memories of that time.

Karen said...

Grandma is the BEST!! My mom used to do the same thing with us, except our buns were slighty discolored by the time we were done "forming" it! ;)