Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Look who has a birthday today!

Melanie Anne — my best friend!


Many years ago, Melanie wrote me a poem for my birthday, but today I want to share it with you in honor of HER birthday! I've changed the words from "little sister" to "big sister." :) I've done this because I think the poem reflects who Melanie is. She is a treasure to me, and I thank the Lord for giving me a sister who is such a tremendous example of a Godly woman. One of the greatest things I've learned from her is how to serve and put others first. There have been so many times she has given sacrificially of her time and energy in order to make my life more beautiful. May you find a blessing in this poem as I have over and over...


Little [Big] Sister
by: Melanie Berge

I have a friend, a life-long pal
The kind that's hard to find
She understands and knows me well
Yet still she's sweet and kind!

She always will put others first
Won't tear her friends apart
She cares and loves sincerely
With an understanding heart

Sometimes we might be silly
And laugh for no real reason
Or sometimes calm and somber
As we contemplate life's seasons

You too may have a friend like this
Look close, you may have missed her
For I found mine not far away
But in my little [big] sister!



I love you, MEL! Happy Birthday!


2 comments:

Bethany said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELANIE!!!

The Lord brought you to mind this morning, and I said a prayer for you. Though I don't know you near as well as Mindy does, the few times the Lord has allowed our paths to cross I am always blessed and encouraged by being around you. Everything she shared is so true! Your life just radiates. I hope you have a day that is as special as you are!

Love ya'!

Melanie said...

Oh Mindy, you are so sweet! You have blessed me so much.

I love you


P.S. Thank you too Bethany! I am so grateful for friends like you.