Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Teaching character

The Little Carons....er, little sponges!

You've heard it said, "Character is more caught than taught." It's true.

Teaching my children the hows and whys of obedience, attentiveness, gratefulness, virtue, etc. is one thing. But to SHOW them how to live it from the heart is where the true character training begins. I'm finding if I want my children to act or respond a certain way to life's circumstances, I-me-mom must first be the example.

My attitude = their attitude
My words = their words
My actions = their actions
My patience = their patience

The Bible says - "Train yourself to be godly" (1 Timothy 4:7). Could this be an important key to successfully training my children in good character? Eureka!

2 comments:

Sharmane said...

Loved all the posts!! So fun :)

Jewel said...

Mindy, so great to see that you posted a new post!!! Your kids are grewing so much! Soon they will try nd catch up with Ben. I'd love to hear from you!

Happy 4th!

Julie