Monday, October 12, 2009

Love & Learning...

Thursday marked 4 years of marriage for Ben & I...
and I know what you're thinking ~ 4 years 3 kids - not bad!

Well, like Ben says, "We're off to a good start!!" :)
Four years has taught me a lot, but I have much yet to learn. Like...

(1). I'm learning, always learning, what genuine love really is..."Love...seeketh not her own."

(2). I'm learning that motherhood is a continual dying to self and a time to be greatly treasured...

(3). I've learned that giving birth means intense pain, yet it gives life, and that is greater...

(4). I'm trying to get a grip on the fact that in order to be organized you have to be organized...

(5). I'm seeing a great amount of people questioning God's words in the Bible and coming up with their own conclusions...which makes me pray for the Lord to search me and reveal to me any area in my life that I may do this...

(6). I'm learning that when I complain, it drains the energy out of people!

(7). I'm learning about being a wife and mother ~ It's not about me, my energy, my abilities, my capabilities, my time, my schedule, my hobbies...it's about GIVING without any expectation of personal gain. "For God so loved the world that He GAVE his only begotton Son..." John. 3:16

(8). I'm finding it truly amazing that I married Ben Caron. Still can't get over it...

(9). I'm learning that I do not cope well with my sister Melanie in Ireland...too ridiculously far.

(10). I'm learning to never turn my back on a two year old...

What are you learning??!?

7 comments:

S said...

Happy Anniversary, guys! How exciting! What did you do to celebrate?

What am I learning about marriage and motherhood?
Just how much God chooses to speak to me and love me through my husband and daughter!

That the depth of God's love for my family far surpasses MY love for them!

When I think that I can't possibly do another task, that is when God chooses to show off and rescue me in His infinite grace and mercy!

Unless a 2 year old is sleeping, silence is never a good thing!

Abbi said...

Happy anniversary!! I enjoyed your post. Being a wife and mother is most certainly a continuous learning experience! There are so many times when I think "I have no idea what to do!" But then I remember "God does!" He knows every single thing, every single solution. I just need to ask Him for wisdom, help and strength.

I was just thinking about you today. I am planning a stamping/scrapping get- together this coming Saturday evening (the 17th). I am holding it at our church building as we will then have room to spread out. If you happen to be free it would be fun if you could come.(It is at 6:30 or whenever after that works for you) I was feeling ready for a ladies crafting get-together and I am looking forward to it.
It would be fun to just have you come over some day too.

Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary, Ben and Mindy! You are an amazing wife and mother, Mindy, and my hero as well, just so you know! You two make such an incredible couple...a world-changing, God pleasing, super fun-to-be-around couple. I love you guys!

P.S. I LOVE your blog's new look! Gorgeous!! And another thing, I totally agree that Ireland is too far away! I miss you, little sister.

Joe & Sarah said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! God is SO good, isn't he? God Bless You All!

Joe & Sarah Christiansen

Josiah and Abi Wissmann said...

Mindy, I just want to thank you for what an encouragement your blog is! This post SO blessed me, but they all do in some way! :)

Your # 3 of 'what you've learned' so strengthened my heart, and God used it to shape my perspective! What a honor and privilege that we can partake of just a fraction of His sufferings for us...when we experience the pain of childbirth. For His death, gave the greatest gift of life EVER!!!

May the Lord pour out His richest blessings on you, and your precious family! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

~abi

PS--The 'new look' is darling!

~Justin&Meg~ said...

happy anniversary! love your new family pictures...you're all such a cute family!

LS said...

Great Post!

I'm on my second round of having a two year old and I totally agree with the last one there!

Also loved #s 1, 2, 3, and 7! Thanks for being real! Mothering 3 little ones sure is a big job and causes us to die to self continually!